At All Saints we aim to provide a high quality careers education and guidance programme for all students in all key stages, which results in all school leavers being ready for their next stage of education, employment or training. The programme ensures high aspirations and life changing opportunities for all, supported by high quality experiences with our business partners and staff at All Saints throughout the school year #ambition.
Measuring the Impact of the Careers Curriculum
How the School measures & assesses the impact of the careers programme on pupils (Sept 2021-22)
- The school is using the ‘Compass evaluation tool’ to assess ongoing progress in relation to the eight Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The school has a ‘Careers Plan’ in place to track progress in relation to this year's priorities and the eight Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The ‘Careers Plan’ is reviewed termly.
The following steps are in place to evaluate the effectiveness of its careers programme each year. The evaluation cycle involves:
- Review of the objectives of the programme with a focus on outcomes for learners & assessing if the objectives have been met.
- Focus on the delivery of the programme and evidence of impact on pupils
- Using feedback to adapting the programme to continuously improve it so it meets the objectives
The evaluation also involves looking at a range of evidence such as:
- Options pathways
- Destinations data
- Feedback from students e.g. their understanding of different careers and pathways
Feedback from other stakeholders includes:
Below is a list of our current business partners:
- Jaguar Landrover
- Knowsley Chamber of Commerce
- Kier Construction
- Suites Hotel
- The Forshaw Group
- MJ Quinn
- Liverpool Football Club
- Everton Football Club
- CW Plant Hire
- Walton Flooring
- Girl Gang
- Premier Inn
- Merseyside Fire Service
- Merseyside Police
- Ambulance Service
- Aintree Hospitals
- Civil Service
- Citrus Integrated
- Surface Transforms
At All Saints we have 3 drop down days each year for all year groups. Students have the opportunity to work with a range of our business partners and public sector employees. On these days students also have the opportunity to take part in various visits to Universities and cultural venues in Liverpool and beyond. In addition to our drop down days we also offer students a wide range of careers experiences, including full days with Jaguar Landrover, Kier and their subcontractors, career networking at Anfield, public services speed dating and many more guest speakers and workshops.
For further information please contact our careers advisor:
- Alex Hay
- 0151 477 8740 - ex 2040